Regis Resources is committed to the effective environmental management of all of its activities.
The Company recognises that mining and exploration activities are associated with a range of potential environmental impacts and has developed the culture and procedures to maintain the integrity of the environment associated with these activities.
To realise this objective, the Company ensures it:
- Complies with all applicable legislation and operating conditions on a sustainable basis;
- Applies a systematic approach to identifying environmental risks and employs practices that minimises environmental impact and prevents environmental damage;
- Operates in accordance with a site environmental management plan;
- Communicates and consults with all stakeholders; and
- Develops a culture of sound environmental practice within its workforce by providing information and training on environmental management.
Regis Resources is committed to providing the resources and support required to achieve best practice in environmental management.
Where appropriate the company has made a cost provision with respect to outstanding environmental liabilities.